9/26/13

Howdy


So over the course of the past year I've gotten back into sewing. A lot.

And I got to thinking about carving out a little space to keep track of what I've been making. I blog regularly over here about illustration, but wanted an area where I could gush about fabric blends, sewing techniques and the patterns I love. Also, I keep seeing all these sew-a-longs I've been dying to participate in and figured a dedicated sewing blog would be dandy for that sort of thing.

Anyhow, I have a few pictures of things I've completed over the course of the past few months I'm planning to post. And I'm starting a muslin for a winter coat this weekend, so stay tuned.

But before I forget, the dress above is McCall's 6696. I made a size 8 and it fits like a dream. The only alteration I made was to shorten the back waist measurement by 3/4 of an inch (I'm just under 5'5 and find I have to make this correction to most shirts). For fabric, I used Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy print, Posie which is pretty much the most perfect autumnal fabric ever. And I finished the collar and button band off with topstitching, which wasn't part of the pattern, but I like the look it gave the garment. So all in all, five stars, McCall's, I am totes making this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment