10/9/13

Simplicity 3595


This is the end result of needing some instant satisfaction sewing, bad. This past summer I picked up Simplicity 3595 and have been dying to make it. I decided to do a muslin of the blouse this past weekend, but used a vintage sheet I had in my stash in lieu of scrap fabric (in case it turned out okay). And you know what? It fits perfectly on the first go!

The details:

* I made the size 12 and had no major issues with the pattern as is.

* I skipped on doing the buttons and getting fussy with the cuffs, but would plan to on a more finished version.

*The shirt is a little boxy (it's intended to be worn under a jumper). If I were to make this as a stand alone blouse again, I'd add some length to the hem.

*Kimono sleeves, I love you. But I'm wondering about adding underarm gussets next time around? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

And here's the pattern. That grey jumper is calling my name.


2 comments:

  1. Your blouse is so cute! I recently got this pattern too and am mulling over the buttons on the red jumper. They're a) nonfunctional and b) not in a square shape - the top ones are wider apart than the lower ones. Curious! I may just start with the blouse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even realized that about the buttons! Hmm... Now I really want to dig this one back out and look at it. :-)

    ReplyDelete